Friday, August 30, 2013

The answer my friend, is blowin' in the wind.


In the middle of the chaos and crazy of my life, seizing the chance for a couple of hours of creative 'play' is magic. Today I had one of those days, and it was wonderful.

The boys and I made paper collages first. This was very relaxing. I really go into making mine.
 Dylan tried his hand at the scissors, and even tried chopping up our glue stick. (He's 21 months old now!)

 

Then I used fabric and trim scraps for a big project I've been contemplating for a while. 





It was really windy today when Mr D and I hung it up. I have about 100 metres I want to do, but covered about 10-12 metres today.




It looks really pretty, and gives me another thing to smile about when I come home.


By Sharon Newth

3 comments:

  1. Love love love that bunting on the fence~~!!! I can see how it would make you smile.

    Liked the collages, also. Coincidentally, I'm in the process of making one today, also. So far I've done the background, and glued the pieces together in the way I want to put them all onto the background. So yup, doing a little creative stuff here...and of course a tangle a day, lol.

    Have a great weekend, hear?

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love your bunting! What a clever idea! It must bring a smile to anyone's dial as they drive down your cheery road...makes your home look so very welcoming!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing bunting, so pretty and colourful - resourceful too

    ReplyDelete