Monday, April 29, 2013

A little bit of love for Inglewood


On Saturday we had a gorgeous day with a sunny 25 degrees. We decided to hop in the car for a little country drive and visit a new place. Looking at the map we chose Inglewood, and what a great choice it was.

This is a town of only about 1000 people, that once flourished during the gold rush, but seems once again to have found a world in which to shine. The people were among the most friendly and welcoming I have ever met, and although many of the shops were crammed with tiny collectables and antiques, our family of six were welcomed into each one without any of the hesitation that shopkeepers can have at the sight of small children. I fell a little bit in love with the place, and can't wait to return.

It has several antique and collectible shops, an op shop, some gorgeous old buildings, and a lot of history.

Here's a little of what we found.











Juliet bought these shoes for $1 and I got this home made table cloth for $2 which I will make something with.


And I also got this 60's dress which needs a little bit of love. I've already started working on it.


I really wanted to buy a boot load of vintage suitcases. But alas, we can't have everything. :-)





3 comments:

  1. Iwould dearly love to get into that shop you posted. OMG! It's just plain jam-packed and it HAS to have soooooo many treasures in it. Sigh!! That clinches it: I'm headed to my own favorite op shop later on this week, see if I don't!!!

    The table cloth and the dress are both gorgous, love the materials. Can't wait to see what you do to the dress.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm sure you would have loved it. I'd like to go back without the kids. And with more money....The dress is almost finished so hopefully I'll post it tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see your dress remake Sharon!

    ReplyDelete