Monday, April 15, 2013

Long time....Lots of fun.....not a lot of craft.


I know it's been a long time since I've blogged. Truth is, I've been having an absolute ball with the kids on holidays. I think it was my favourite holiday ever. We did loads of free activities that were on about town, and had the most glorious autumn mid 20 degree sunny days for the whole two weeks. After an insanely hot summer the kids really enjoyed being outdoors in lovely warm temperatures.

It's hard to know where to begin, so I am just going to launch in.

Lie ins were a priority, and I never miss an opportunity for a cuddle with this little man.


The kids and I also loved a couple of free workshops run by our local library. One involved making pet rocks (Aidan's pet rock is shown below, which he named after his best friend Zoe).


There was also an underpants decorating workshop, with Captain Underpants books given out to the best decorated pants. Liam is a massive fan of this series of books, and it's so nice to be able to do free and fun activities.



I took the kids to Melbourne to the zoo, where I fell in love with the new baby elephant.






There were lots of picnics and playing in mud.




Sometimes would would stop for cinos and discuss world issues. Little A is an ideas man for sure, and Liam's world view is always insightful.


My babies.


And it was all very wonderful. I loved seeing my children so happy and full of fun, sunshine bursting from their core. I especially loved seeing my Juliet back to her wonderful self, after a challenging time over the holidays. Yay!!!!!!!!! I feel rich in love, wrapped up in my warm and cosy little family.

So that's me. What has everyone else been up to? Anyone else enjoy the school holidays?

Another post to come soon.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Love the picnic basket and the kids having some great muddy adventures.

    ReplyDelete